Pelvic Curl is a great exercise for mobilising the spine and working the abdominals to help support the lower back. The muscles surrounding the pelvic region and upper legs are also brought into play.
Step by Step Guide to Pelvic Curl
• Lie flat on your back with the knees bent and the feet flat on the mat and hip-width apart
• Place the arms by the sides with the palms facing down
• Focus inward, and consciously relax the neck, shoulders and lower back muscles while maintaining a neutral pelvic position.
• Inhale and then as you exhale draw the abdominal muscles inwards and slowly curl the pelvis and lower, middle and the upper back slowly off the mat
• Inhale and lift the trunk slightly higher to form a straight line and hold
• Exhale and slowly lower the trunk, vertebra by vertebra to return to the start position
• Your shoulders and neck should remain relaxed throughout this exercise
• Repeat this exercise up to 10 times.
What Our Clients Are Saying
"Shanti's approach to wellbeing is wholesome. She takes you on a journey to awaken the body's natural healing potential. You will leave feel centred and blissfull".