The Staff Pose is great for strengthening the back muscles and stretching the hamstrings and calf muscles.
Step by Step Guide to the Staff Pose.
• Sit on the floor with your legs together extended in front. If you feel that you are leaning back sit on a yoga block to lift the pelvis.
• Sit on the front of your sitting bones so that your pubic bone and tail bone are equal distance from the floor.
• Sit tall, press your thighs to the floor and rotate them slightly in.
• Flex the ankles and push out through the heels.
• Hold this pose for 1 minute or longer.
The Staff Pose can reveal tightness in the legs and proportional differences in the arm to body length. You can also use blocks under the hands to assist
What Our Clients Are Saying
"Shanti's approach to wellbeing is wholesome. She takes you on a journey to awaken the body's natural healing potential. You will leave feel centred and blissfull".