Virabhadrasana II or Warrior 2 is a great asana for strengthening and stretching the legs and ankles and stretching the groin, chest and shoulders.
Step by Step Guide to Virabhadrasana 2 (Warrior 2).
• Take the legs wide apart and turn one foot out to 90 degrees and turn the other foot slightly in.
• Ensure the heel of the front foot at 90 degrees is aligned with the heel of the back foot.
• Raise both arms parallel to the floor and reach them actively out to the sides with the palms down.
• Exhale and bend the front knee lowering the body straight down to bring the thigh parallel to the floor, if possible.
• Ensure the knee is aligned with the ankle and not drifting forwards or inwards.
• Anchor the position by ensuring the outer aspect of the foot of the back leg is firmly rooted to the floor. Keep breathing.
• Keep the body upright and don’t lean forwards, reaching the arms out.
• Turn the head to gaze at the front hand.
• Hold this position and when ready reverse the position of the feet and repeat on the opposite side.
What Our Clients Are Saying
"Shanti's approach to wellbeing is wholesome. She takes you on a journey to awaken the body's natural healing potential. You will leave feel centred and blissfull".